Sunday, June 21, 2009

Building fracplanet with cygwin

Took a whack at building fracplanet with cygwin on a Windows box yesterday afternoon.  It was too hot outside to mow the lawn.

Some things that I had to do to get it built:

  • Edit the fracplanet.pro file so it could find the installed version of boost.  I added the following:

LIBS += -lboost_program_options-gcc-mt
INCLUDEPATH += /usr/include/boost-1_33_1

  • Edit the line 103 in /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/random/mersenne_twister.hpp to

x[j]=gen;

instead of

x[j]=gen();

  • Had to go back and install libglut for cygwin.

After that the program compiled and linked.

I ended up using Xming instead of the X server bundled with cygwin.  Of course I had to make sure to start Xming before bash and set the display by hand (export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0).

 

Here is my first planet.

image image

And here it is rendered by POV-Ray for Windows.

image

No comments: